Pages

December 16, 2011

BRING ON CHRISTMAS!!!

I'm so excited!!!  I love this time of year, and I'll be baking up a store! I'm going to be much more prepared for Christmas than I was for Thanksgiving! What a disaster! The only thing that turned out right was the Pumpkin Bread Pudding...but I can make a bread pudding with one arm tied behind my back...I screwed up.  I never thought about the difference between "cook time" and "timer" on my aunt's oven settings in all these years! Well, now we have a complete edumacation on how to use the oven! LOL! So what I am bringing to the festivities? "Just" three offerings:

Trinidadian Black Cake - This will be my very first time making Black Cake, for my Sweet Heart and I'm nervous as I dunno what! He's Jamaican and he loves his mother's black cake, so my goal is to make a cake as yummy as hers! Yeah...the recipe I adapted is Trinidadian and my Sweet Heart's momma is  Jamaican. To complicate things even more I put my Haitian spin on this dessert...*sigh*  We'll see how this goes!  :-)

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake - I was supposed to make this for Thanksgiving for my uncle Mac, but ran out of AP flour...I don't know what I was thinking! AP flour was on my list but never made its way in my cart. That's what happens when you wait until the last minute to shop! :-)

Eggnog Bread Pudding - Every holiday or special event calls for one of my bread puddings!  Every chance I get I make a new bread pudding recipe swirling around in my brain. Now, I don't know if my family loves me or if they are truly enjoying them, but lemme tell you, so far these bad boys have been a HUGE HIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment